Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Missing College

School started yesterday.

I went to OU and after 5 years of study, I graduated.  I loved college and Norman, so I stuck around.  I lived in a college town for 16 years.  I worked with college students as a career for 9 years.  This is the first time that I am not working with college students.

Today I got an email from one of my former students.  It made me smile and encouraged me too.  But it made me a little sad as well.  I do miss my job and my students...and I even miss living in a college town.  My identity was very much connected with that unique subgroup of people. 

Although I miss it, I am very thankful for this new chapter.  I have so many new lessons that I am learning about being a wife.  Jacob is my best friend, and we have so much fun together.  He makes me laugh, he supports me unconditionally, and he makes me a better version of myself.

I miss you Norman, but this Kansas boy has my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment