When I saw this picture, I almost fainted. These. Were. Made. For. Me. I cannot wait to make my own version of these little beauties.
Dr. Pepper Cupcake Recipe List of Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup boiling Dr. Pepper
- Cream the butter and add the brown sugar.
- When well blended, add the eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Add the chocolate, slightly cooled
- In a small bowl, add one teaspoon of the baking soda to the buttermilk.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture to the butter mixture alternatively.
- Add the vanilla. Finally add in the Dr. Pepper.
- Pour into cupcake molds and bake at 375-degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 1/3 C soft butter
- 3 C confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 C dark cocoa
- 4 Tbs heavy cream
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 can cherries in syrup (or in liqueur)
Cream the butter, cocoa and sugar together and stir in the cream. Add the ginger and enough cherry syrup to create the desired consistency. Refrigerate if necessary, and spread over the cupcakes when they have cooled. Top each cupcake with half a cherry.
PS....I have had a lot of people asking how to cut the cans. These were the smaller cans, 8 oz, version. The best tool I have found to remove the lid is the small, super light-weight, camping style can opener (see attached pictures).