Friday, August 19, 2011

Kabobs...that's what's for dinner!

I come from the land of butter and cast iron skillets for frying.  My mom's version of low-fat cooking was frying one thing.  That's how I learned to cook.  And it tastes goooooood.  If our last names came from our favorite food, my name would be Holly Gravy.  I am southern through and through.

My husband, however, doesn't want to weigh 900 pounds, so I am learning.  I'm learning...use less butter.  Don't fry.  Be healthier.

I am lucky that he is not a picky eater (minus the whole "healthy" thing), and he will eat the same thing day after day.  However, I like variety.  So coming up with a variety of healthy options has been a challenge since we got married.

Today I succeeded....a work of art really.  Kabobs.  Mostly veggies, grilled and filling.  Yum.  Here is the yummy marinate I used....it was a hit with my southern soul and my hubby!

Honey-Chicken Kabob Marinate
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon finely ground pepper




No comments:

Post a Comment