Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Today is Tuesday, December 13th. So here are lists of 13 things. Enjoy.
13 Things I love:
13. Puppies and kittens
12. The feeling of my hair after it is just cut.
11. New potatoes and cream gravy
10. Cold sheets
09. Hershey Kisses with almonds
08. Slightly frozen Dr. Pepper
07. Sleeping in as late as I want
06. Cold, snowy days when you don't have to go anywhere.
05. Homemade hotdogs (with chili)
04. Harry Potter (watching, reading, or listening to the books)
03. Thin, salty tortilla chips with cheese and salsa.
02. Starting new projects
01. Being barefoot
13 Things I really, really dislike:
13. Answering phones
12. Missing friends' birthdays
11. Making small talk
10. Being the center of attention
09. Always being interrupted (or not "heard")
08. Driving in places I am unfamiliar with.
07. People on bikes who want to be in the traffic like a car, but don't obey traffic rules.
05. Too much noise (like sensory overload)
04. Doing laundry
03. Constantly teased
02. Clutter/dirty house
01. People backing out of commitments (without a valid reason)
13 Talents/Abilities I wish I possessed:
13. Speak several languages
12. Do math/understand numbers
11. Ability to act/do accents
10. Ability to dance/be graceful
09. Athletic talent
08. Decorate well
07. Ability to entertain people (be funny, witty, unique)
06. To speak well in public
05. Ability to give lots of $ to things I care about
04. Ability to design
03. Have pretty handwiting
02. Ability to Draw/Paint
01. Ability to sing
Shout out to Beck.
I was told I had to write 13 things I was good at since I ended on a negative, so here they are:
13. Making lists
12. Instigating mischief
11. Organizing things
10. Finding solutions to problems
09. Good at copying Jacob's Spanish book
08. Making Quilts (I'm improving at least)
07. Guessing at charades/catch phrase
06. Playing snood
05. Cooking green beans
03. Making Fried Pies
02. Answering Questions
Monday, December 12, 2005
1. Seven things to do before I die:
- Pay off my student loans. (It may take that long!)
- Get married then raise godly children
- Get to where I write again--be creative....
- Learn to swim.
- Travel overseas (specifically see
- Get sinus surgery!!
- Finish strong the race marked out for me.
2. Seven things I cannot (or won't?) do:
- I can't/won't ever sing a solo.
- I can't dance either for that matter.
- I won't ever be good at sports.
- I can't be on the sidelines of the Christian life.
- I can't live without friends.
- I won't ever get tired of sweet tea or Dr. Pepper.
- I won't ever stick French fries in my mouth like tusks and act like a walrus.
3. Seven things that attract me to my husgand/wife (or significant other or best friend):
4. Seven things I say most often:
, this is Holly. Baptist Student Center
- You haven't hear....I posted it on my blog.
- Stop poking me! (or "stop it" in general)
- Jerk store called...
- Slow down big shooter
- We're in a fight.
- Get off my computer (or desk)!
5. Seven books (or series) I love:
- Trixie Belden books by Julie Campbell/ or her pseudonym Kathryn Kenny. Those were what started my love of reading.
- Christopher Pike books...yeah, back in the day I read these. I still love Remember Me because it inspired me to write my own book as a middle schooler.
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling--they are incredible and everyone should read them.
- Lies Women Believe by
- Personality Plus by
- Mark of a Man by Elizabeth Elliott
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over again if I had the time):
- The Village
- The Parent Trap (original version)
- Remember the Titans
- Dirty Dancing
7. Seven people I want to join in, too:
- If you want to do this, please feel free, but I'm not going to list seven people.
Tuesday, December 6, 2005
Here are some that I got by putting in people's names. I promise, I did not make these up!
"I wish I had a Lindsay Vassar."
"Danny Beck. We build smiles."
"Debby empowers you."
"The David Cottle way of life."
"I quit smoking with Rita Stevens."
"Alex (Arm.) takes good care of you."
"Mock strikes back."
"The Brittany effect."
"My Tygre, your tygre, Tygre for all!"
"Food or Jenny? I'll have Jenny."
"My Crumpy and me."
"You better get your Emily out!"
"With a name like Sarah, it has to be good."
"Brian Biggs is forever."
"Brandon Jones, whiter than the whitest!"
"The queen buys KLai."
"Josiah Max keeps on going, and going, and going..."
"BClifton--You see this name, you think dirty." (Sorry Brian, it was the first thing that came up.)
"Shane for your kids!"
"Baptist Student Union is rolling, the others are stoned."
"The American Way of Christoph." (ironic, huh?)
Okay, check it out and post your favorite results!
Thanks to everyone for the calls, cards, gifts, emails, messages, flowers, food, and birthday songs and dances. It was a great "21st" birthday. ;)
I am very thankful for all my friends and family. You all bring joy to my life in so many unique ways. Thanks for making me feel so loved.