Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy 10/10/10 Day!

In celebration of 10/10/10, I am going to indulge in my favorite things......chips and salsa.  I LOVE Chili's chips and salsa.  The chips are super thin and extra salty.  The salsa is the right amount of heat for the masses. 

I think chips and salsa is my love language. 

Here is a favorite recipe that is a lot like Chili's salsa.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can of tomatoes and green chilies
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
  • 4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned, diced not pickled)
  • 1/4 cup yellow onion (diced) 
  • 1/2-3/4 teaspoon garlic salt 
  •  1/2 teaspoon cumin 
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Directions:
  • In food processor, place jalapenos and onions.  
  • Process for just a few seconds
  • Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin
  • Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
  • Place in container and chill
  • Serve with favorite thin chips (I like Tia Rosa Mega Thin chips)

No comments:

Post a Comment