I could eat soup pretty much every day. I LOVE soups of all kinds.
Here is a recipe I plan on trying to make tonight. It sounds amazing.
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup of tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 avacado per each bowl (diced small)
- 1 cup Mexican cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp. minced garlie
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla strips
- Simmer chicken stock, tomato, Worcestershire, and lime juices with the jalapeno, cilantro for 45 minutes.
- While simmering, grill the chicken until cooked all the way through, then dice into small cubes or strips.
- Strain soup and add the chicken, green onion, chilies, red bell pepper, rice corn, garlic, to the broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the tortilla strips, diced avocado, and shredded cheese on the side to be added by guests as desired.