- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 8 slices of bread, cubed (I used white)
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained (or 1.5 lbs thickly cut bacon fried crispy and crumbled into chunks)
- 10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Melt butter in a 9x13 pan. Scatter bread over butter.
- Sprinkle sausage (or bacon)over the bread. Add dried onions over the sausage (or bacon).
- Beat eggs and milk together. Add soup and mix well.
- Pour liquid over the layers, saturating all areas well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. (I find it is closer to 60 minutes).
- Let it stand before serving.