Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lego Gummy Snacks

I love all things gummy--bears, worms, fruit shaped.  I recently ran across this recipe for homemade gummy "fruit" snacks and thought it would be fun to make these.  Plus you can make all your favorite flavors and skip the ones you don't like! 

Ingredients:
1 (3 oz) package gelatin, any flavor
2 (.25 oz) envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/3 c. water

Directions:
Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a small saucepan.  Heat over medium heat and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.  Pour into molds and allow to set at least 20 minutes.

But what shape to make them?  After doing a quick search, I found these amazing lego-shaped fruit snacks!  My husband loves Lego's.  Although we don't have kids yet I might have to make these just because they look so fun!


I found instruction on how to make the Lego mold here.  Below are some pictures (from the tutorial) of the mold-making process.

First build your structure. 


Pour the silicone...it looks like a candy syringe or tool might be necessary.


After setting, your mold is ready to make Lego fruit snacks!!


I think the whole thing looks so fun to make.  Once the mold is done, you can use it again and again!  This would be great for kids' parties, special gifts, or just for all the Lego geeks you love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment