Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stop and Smell the Roses

Three years ago today, I lost my precious Daddy. 

His death came at the end of the hardest year of my life.  The following year was also difficult--trying to find my footing again without him in my world.  There were times that I wondered if things would ever be good for me again.

But they did improve.  Time began to heal. 

God brought Jacob into my life in September of 2010, and we will be married in a couple months.  Man, how I wish my dad could have met Jacob.  He would have loved him.

Today I am with Jacob in Kansas, and he said he had a surprise for me.  We went outside and he had a rosebush that he wanted to plant in memory of my dad.  He wanted me to choose the spot at his house (soon to be OUR house).   The spot I picked had a plant, but Jacob eagerly dug it up and moved it so my rose bush is right in front of the house where we can see it every day.

I love you daddy.  I miss you. 

I love you Jacob.  You are the love of my life.  I'm so thankful for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment