Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Long Shot

Life has been drastically better these past few months.  I am a homeowner.  My job is amazing and fulfilling.  Friends and family love and support me daily.  I am very blessed.

But I have always desired getting married and having a family.  I live in a college town.  I work with college students.  I go to church that is primarily college-aged people.  My natural contact with men my age is nonexistent.

Recently I was talking to another single friend about this.  She shared that for a couple months she had been on eHarmony.  She encouraged me to give it a try. 

To be honest, I scoffed at it.....the internet?  Seriously? How clique of me to try.  I just didn't know what I thought about it.  Could God actually use something like that?  I thought about it for a while and finally decided to sign up for 1 month.  Just to see....to try.

I was convinced that I was putting God in a box.  If He could use a burning bush to communicate, why couldn't he use the internet.  I still have my doubts.  But I am going to give it a try.  We'll see what comes from it......

No comments:

Post a Comment