Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

It's the thing to do these days, so here is my list. And too many people have tagged me to ignore. I don't know if it will be worth the read, but here goes.

01. This lady at my church (one who was there for charity help more than spiritual reasons) came up to my mom put her hand on her stomach and announced she was going to have a little girl before she knew she was pregnant.

02. I wrote a poem in the 4th grade about the four seasons and my teacher told me I was a good writer. That really started my love of writing.

03. I love serial books. When I was young, my aunt and cousin gave me "Trixie Beldon" books for Christmas, and to this day I love books with the same characters in different or continuing adventures.

04. I've only broken one bone in my life--my middle finger in the 6th grade. We were doing relay races and as I was coming back in (doing the "crab crawl") and the girl going out crunched my hand.

05. I've had a lot of pen pals in my life--when I was young and then in college I had "email" pen pals.

06. I am so bad at math that I took remedial math my freshmen year of college. Don't ask me to make change, balance your checkbook, or count past ten.

07. I'm fascinated with genetics. (You know those graphs of dominate and recessive genes?)

08. I think and express myself better through the written word than verbally.

09. My mom's mom ("Nanny") watched me when I was little....so I watched the soap opera, "Days of Our Lives." until I was in high school.

10. I learn best by being shown once and then doing it. It's common for me to learn things by just experimenting and figuring it out.

11. I love watching football but not really any other sports.

12. I'm an introvert. A perfect day would be one where I was alone and didn't have to talk to or interact with anyone all day. I love being alone.

13. I have really bad carpal tunnel and my hands and fingers go numb very quickly--even now as I am typing these I have to stop and move them to keep them from numbing too much.

14. I was the editor of my high school newspaper and won many monthly writing contest. I was almost a Journalism major.

15. I can't swim.....and still hold a healthy fear of water. Cruises don't really sound too tempting to me.

16. I was saved at Falls Creek in the 4th grade. I still remember the song that was playing and the person who lead me in the prayer. (It was Troy McCoy...and ironically, he and his wife's photo was in my dream last night.)

17. I made a commitment in the 8th grade to never drink alcohol.

18. Although I love reading and writing, I can't spell to save my life. I'm a horrible, horrible speller.

19. I love my knees. I think they are really cute. (This list is called RANDOM things, remember.)

20. I love audiobooks. It's hard for me to find time to sit and hold a book to read it, but I always have a book playing in my car or in the background when I am working on other things.

21. I'm a homebody. I love being at home, and it's hard for me to leave again once I am home in the evening.

22. My nicknames include: George-Earl-Clide-Fritz-III (all one), baby girl, sister, sis, HN, Nikki-no, Holly Nic, Dolly, Hol-Bol, Lolly, and Hols.

23. I cry at movies--especially when it involves the death of animals. (My sister-in-law still makes fun of me for crying so much at E.T. when I was little.) And I am a sucker for an inspirational or "based on a true story" type of movie.

24. I love learning new things. I always prefer watching TLC or History Channel or Food Network over movies because I have a higher chance of learning something new!

25. I am a late-morning and early afternoon type of person. I do my best work and thinking from 10:00-3:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment