Thursday, August 28, 2008

Restless

I feel restless.

Constantly, no matter what I am doing, there is a pain in my heart that I can only call restlessness. Nothing really has been able to distract me from this restlessness. Lack of focus is hard for me....I a such a doer by nature. Usually, I love DOING things, being busy, and multi-tasking. Even though these past few days have been so busy, the restlessness gnaws at my insides like a creature trying to get out.

Thomas Edison has been quoted as saying, "Restlessness and discontent are the first necessities of progress." I hope he is right. I hope this restlessness will push me toward something new. I feel stuck in a phase of life and can barely handle it much longer. I need progress. Change. New.

My hope is that
restlessness and vague desire doesn't continue too long...."It is a boat longing for the sea and yet afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment