Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Pope and a....Prayer?

So I had a friend tell me about a recent family vacation. They were out in California touring a wax museum with their two little kids, one 10 and the other 6.

The Pope was on the corner of one of the halls. As the parents rounded the corner to see the next exhibit, the mom hears the older brother exclaim, "Canyon, what are you doing! Stop that!"

Her first thought was, "Oh, please let my son not be peeing on the statue."

She swooped around the corner to see her 6-year-old standing sharply at attention.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America....." he was reciting with all the emotion he could muster.

She busted out laughing. When she asked him what possessed him to do it, he said, "I knew he was important for some reason."

No comments:

Post a Comment