Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Norman is #1 in My Book

I lived the first 18 years of my life in Marlow, OK. Since coming to college at OU, Norman has become home. I love Norman, and I am not alone. In fact, Norman was recently ranked the 6th Best Small City to live in by Money magazine!

Cities were ranked on factors such as crime, job growth, cost of living, housing affordability, school quality, art and leisure options, safety, medical care, diversity and other ease-of-living criteria. (I think the University of Oklahoma football has a little something to do with it too--Go Sooners!!!!)

I agree it is a great place to live! Here are some of my favorite things about Norman:
  • OU Campus. It's my alma mater...what can I say! It's a beautiful campus and I love the atmosphere on game days.
  • Great Food--Bison Witches, Tea Cafe, The Service Station, Red Horse Grill, Sweet Basil...to name a few!
  • Boyd Street: I love Boyd not just because of the BSU. I love driving down Boyd in the fall with all of the overhanding trees covered in their fall leaves.
  • I feel safe here. There really are not many truly "bad" areas of town.
  • Not too big and not too small. I like the size and "feel" of Norman.
  • Did I mention OU Football???

No comments:

Post a Comment