Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'd marry Shawn Spencer......if he was real.

Today I feel compelled, no, obligated to tell you about the best show on television--Psych. Although I am a fan of "The Office," I think that Psych has officially beaten it out as my favorite comedy.

This USA Network show centers around Shawn Spencer, who was raised by an overly harsh, intense, challenging cop of a father. Because of this, Shawn has a keen sense of observation and deduction skills. Unfortunately, he is a slacker and doesn't like to operate within the rules. (Did I mention he was a really cute, funny slacker?)

The pilot episode begins with Shawn solving a crime by simply watching the local news. But his tip to the police get him into trouble. Here is a little interchange between Lassiter (the lead detective) and Shawn:

Lassiter: Where were you the night of the last robbery?
Shawn: I was robbing a stereo shop. (laughs) I wasn't. I don't know, I guess I was doing the same thing you were doing: not solving crime.
Lassiter: You're not helping your case here.
Shawn: My case? ...Wait, wait, wait. I'm actually a suspect?
Lassiter: Oh, you're our lead suspect.
Shawn: I gave you the guy!
Lassiter: He had a partner.
Shawn: I have to find that guy too? I'm confused. When do you start chipping in?


To get out of trouble, Shawn pretends to be psychic. This ends up landing him a consulting job with the Santa Barbara Police Department. He drags his best friend, Gus, into this new fake psychic detective agency. Gus is not always a willing participant! :)

Gus: You named your fake detective agency Psych? Why didn't you just call it 'Hey, we're fooling you and the police department; hope we don't make a mistake and somebody dies because of it'?
Shawn: First of all, Gus, that name is entirely too long; it would never fit on the window. And secondly the best way you convince people you're not lying to them is to tell them you are!


I LOVE THIS SHOW! I have season one on DVD and am willing to loan them out. You can also catch episodes online. Watch one and I think you'll be hooked. It is witty, funny, and just plan entertaining. AH! Love it.

Just for fun, here are some of my other favorite quotes. I need a good laugh:

Henry: What about your license?
Shawn: Ahem, my pilot's license? It's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Problems at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details, but then I'd have to kill you...which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.


-------------

Shawn: Wow... Dad. Tell me you're wearing that shirt because someone has to spot you from space.
Dad: (Rolls eyes)
Shawn: Sorry Dad, this is like a genocide of color. Somewhere a rainbow is weeping.


-------------

Juliet: Shawn, how do you know this?
Shawn: Same way that I know that, as a child, Lassie wanted nothing more than a pony.
Lassiter: Well, come one. Who didn't?
Gus: Anyone who wasn't an eight year old girl.


-------------

Shawn: "Chips say your a cheater-cheater pumpkin-eater"
J.P.: "Is that right"
Shawn: "Yeah"
J.P. "And we're suppose to believe your a psychic or something, if you were a psychic I wouldn't be cleaning your clock right now."
Shawn: "Cleaning my clock, what's that suppose to even mean. What you take time out of your day to clean another man's timepiece and if so that be a bad thing? No I'd be gracious, I'd be like, dude, J.P. thanks for spritzing my watch."


-------------

Gus: Come on Shawn, let's go. This guy wouldn't know a good deal if it bit him in the seat of his Hans Solo action figure pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment